Electoral Synod at Cathedral Church of St. John the Evangelist, Winnipeg – Saturday, 16 June 2018 Anno Domini
Through the link below you will find the Convening Circular for the Electoral Synod being convened for the
purpose of electing a Bishop coadjutor for the Diocese of Rupert’s Land. The Synod will be held on
Saturday, June 16, 2018 at St. John’s Cathedral, 135 Anderson Avenue, Winnipeg. Registration will
open at 8:00 am with the synod convening at 9:30 am.
The Convening Circular contains:
• a list of the eligible clergy and elected lay delegates;
• Bishop’s Letter:
o information on how to make further nominations;
o information on voting procedures;
• an alphabetical listing of the nominees for Bishop Coadjutor, along with their CV, a photo, a link
to a video each has produced, and their response to eight questions posed by the Search
A series of Town Hall meetings has been arranged throughout the Diocese for those who wish to gather and view the videos with other delegates, or those who do not have access to a computer. These meetings are open to all members of the Diocese, but are not mandatory for any to attend.
The following are the meeting dates and locations:
- Monday 28th May, 7pm St Aidans, 274 Campbell Street, Winnipeg
- Tuesday 29th May, 7pm St Mary Magdalene, 3 St. Vital Road, Winnipeg
- Tuesday 29th May, 7pm St Mary la Prairie, 36 2nd Street S.W. Portage la Prairie,
- Wednesday 30th May, 7pm St Stephen, 220 Helmsdale Avenue, Winnipeg
- Thursday 31st May, 7pm Christ Church, 227 McLean Avenue, Selkirk.
- Saturday 2nd June, 10am All Saints, 175 Colony Street, Winnipeg
- Saturday 2nd June, 11 am St Alban, 312 Main Street S., Kenora
Please hold this process in prayer! Pray for nominees, for the delegates who have been charged with the
responsibility to elect the Bishop coadjutor for Rupert’s Land. Pray for wisdom and guidance of the Holy
Spirit in this process.