“Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. All flesh shall see the salvation of God.”
for Next Sunday’s Readings and this week’s prayers, read more
Next Sunday’s Readings
Third Sunday of Advent
December 11, 2011
Want to know more? Join us for our Bible Study to discuss these passages.
In Our Prayers
Almighty Father, lover of souls, who chose your servant Nicholas to be a bishop in the Church, that he might give freely out of the treasures of your grace: make us mindful of the needs of others and, as we have received, so teach us also to give; through Jesus Christ your Son, our Lord, who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.
In the Anglican Communion world-wide, we give thanks and pray for the Archbishop of Canterbury, The Most Rev. Rowan Williams; and for Western Mexico-The Rt Revd Lino Rodriguez Amaero.
In the Anglican Church of Canada, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, and the Diocese of Rupert’s Land we pray for:
all Bishops, diocesan leaders (lay & ordained), throughout Canada, especially:
- Our Primate, Fred Hiltz and General Synod Staff
- Our National Indigenous Bishop, Mark MacDonald
- Our Metropolitan, David Ashdown
- Our Bishop, Donald Phillips and his wife Nancy
- ELCIC National Bishop, Susan Johnson
- ELCIC Manitoba & North-Western Ontario Bishop, Elaine Sauer
- Bishop Jackson Matovu and his wife Perusi of our Companion Diocese of Central Buganda
our congregations and communities, especially:
- For the people of the parish of St. Clement, Mapleton-The Ven Godfrey Mawejje, Incumbent, the Rev Ken Pawluk, Honorary Assistant