These five Marks of Mission are a framework used to describe and encourage ministry throughout the worldwide Anglican Communion:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptize, and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
We’ve mentioned the Marks of Mission before in a previous post, but now, the Anglican Church of Canada has devoted an entire website to the subject!
At the last national meeting, the church made the Marks of Mission the new framework for the ministry of the whole Anglican Church of Canada.
Discovering that Canadian Anglicans strongly supported the themes behind the Marks of Mission, but most were not aware of the marks themselves, the task force saw an opportunity to establish the marks as a common language. With common terms, Anglicans can better share their stories. The new site hopes to make this a little easier by creating an online space to swap ideas and learn from each other.
Do you have a story to share about the marks of mission?
Submit them to “Living the Marks of Mission”.